Monday, December 1, 2008

Is God First In Your Life?

The best way I have found to determine if God is first in my life is to slow down and ask myself some simple questions:

What do I think about the most? What is the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing on my mind at night? What do I pray and talk about the most? What subjects fill my conversations with God and with others? What do I do with my time?

I wonder if we spend an hour a week praying and 8 hours a week playing golf...then is golf a higher priority than God?

I wonder if we spend thirty minutes praying and thirty minutes reading the Bible every week...but spend ten hours watching TV...then is TV a higher priority than God?

The truth is that we make time for what we really want to do.

We all have the same number of hours in a day, and for the most part, we each set our own schedules. It's true that we all have great demands on our time. Women play so many roles, such as mother, wife, daughter, sister, volunteer, musician, etc. However, if we are not careful, we overload ourselves and find that our days have become impossible.

Being the perfect woman/man is something that will never happen. Everyone of us face things everyday that we have not a clue on how to handle. But...if we keep God first in our life we will find the solution.

Both of our children are married and have families. The one thing I say to them often is "Will this really matter in five years"?

Are you fretting about something that you have no control over? Are you trying to be someone that is impossible to become?

How about letting God be first in your life? He is our answer!

1 comment:

Tina Trimble said...

I stumbled on your blog by doing a search for "keeping God first." Thank you for your insiteful post. I have been a Christian for 35 years and I am just now really learning that God loves me intimately. He has brought situations in my life to open my eyes and grab me! I desire to build this relationship with my loving heavenly father and get to know Him more in a newer way!
May you have a blessed day!